What is ProHeart 6?
ProHeart 6 is a medication that prevents heartworm disease in dogs 6 months of age and older. ProHeart 6 is given by injection by your veterinarian. One injection of ProHeart 6 protects your dog from heartworm disease for 6 complete months. ProHeart 6 also treats common hookworm infections that may be present at the time of injection.
What should I discuss with my veterinarian before using ProHeart 6?
Talk to your veterinarian about your dog’s health, past and present, including:
- General health – ProHeart 6 should only be given to healthy dogs.
- Changes in behavior or health, including weight loss, if any.
- Allergies – Past or present, uncontrolled allergies, including food, flea or skin allergies, if any.
- Past problems with or reactions to vaccines or medications, if any.
- Current medications, supplements or special diets, including those you can get without a prescription, if any
Interested in learning more about the benefits of heartworm prevention? Check out the infographic below:Proheart 6 Infographic
We’re proud to now offer the ONLY 6-in-1 pest protection for cats and kittens! Revolution PLUS broadens the scope of protection for cats and kittens against fleas, ticks, ear mites, roundworms, hookworms, and heartworms.
Revolution (selamectin) is a non-greasy, easy-to-apply, monthly topical solution for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older that protects where other preventatives don’t. No separation is neeed from the family after application.
Did you know that even indoor cats need protection? Learn about the various sources of parasites that cats face with this infographic.